(May 7, 2021) During her tenure as NASCUS president and CEO, Lucy Ito has been the leader for the state system on a number of issues and initiatives, including:
- Advocating for policies that foster balance and equity between state and federal credit unions, particularly NCUA’s overhead transfer rate (OTR) methodology.
- Creating an environment for state regulators and credit unions to work together to reach common sense solutions.
- Establishing a forum of collaboration for state regulators through events, such as the National Meeting for State Regulators, launched in 2016 and held each spring
- Constructing idea-sharing platforms such as The Exchange—a dialogue for state regulators and CEOs of large stand and federal credit unions (those with $10 billion or more in assets) to anticipate future challenges facing the entire credit union system.
- Partnering with NCUA, including re-committing, for the first time in more than a decade, to the Document of Cooperation between NASCUS and the agency, signed in 2019.
- Rebuilding credit union system involvement in the National Institute for State Credit Union Examination (NISCUE), NASCUS’ education foundation, and expanding scholarship opportunities for state examiners.
- Launching a cohesive and collaborative, member-focused engagement strategy and building nationwide trust in the NASCUS brand.