December 28, 2021 – CO-OP Financial Services celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2021 with numerous achievements that signal its continued leadership in building a modern financial services experience.
“CO-OP’s mission for the past 40 years has been to champion the growth of credit unions and their members’ financial well-being, and we are just getting started,” said Todd Clark, President/CEO of CO-OP. “In the past year we invested $50 million in our technology roadmap to ensure our clients remain competitive, strong and able to delight their members with leading-edge technology and services. Our financial strength, which has allowed us to transform into a true financial technology engine for the credit union industry, was bolstered by record-breaking payments transactions of more than 8 billion in 2021.”
August 16, 2021 – Alliant Credit Union has awarded five scholarships to the following credit union members enrolled in college for the Fall Semester of 2021.
- Dubuque, IA – Evan Hingtgen; attending the University of Dubuque
- Elgin, IA – Taylor Ellis; attending Hawkeye Community College
- Watkins, IA – Grace Zaugg; attending Kirkwood Community College
- Hazel Green, WI – Kendra Sirianni; attending Loras College
- Lancaster, WI – Jaycie Crapp; attending the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse
Applicants were asked to complete a designated entry form and answer the following essay questions:
- How has the pandemic affected you?
- How do you feel the pandemic will affect your future?
- How do you think the pandemic has affected the way people think about their finances?
This year, Alliant Credit Union awarded five scholarships totaling $2,500.
April 1, 2021 — DUBUQUE, Iowa— S&P Global Market Intelligence has ranked Dupaco Community Credit Union a top-performing credit union in the United States.
S&P Global Market Intelligence analyzed 1,727 credit unions and recognized 100 credit unions, including just four in Iowa. The credit unions performance was calculated based on five metrics:
- Member growth;
- Average loans, net of Paycheck Protection Program loans, per member;
- Net worth as a percentage of total assets;
- Delinquent loans as a percentage of total loans, net of PPP loans; and,
- Return on average asset
“This recognition simply reaffirms our staff consistently delivers on the Dupaco brand promise to improve each member’s financial position and uplift the communities we serve,” said Dupaco President and CEO Joe Hearn. “When we do that, the financial numbers take care of themselves.”
Bills force CUs to change names
June 13, 2018 — A recently enacted Iowa bill, H.B. 2502, has a provision that will force two of the state’s credit unions, the University of Iowa Community Credit Union and University of Northern Iowa Credit Union, to change their names. The provision states that Iowa credit unions “shall not include the name of any public university located in the state in its name.” The law goes into effect April 30, 2019.
Credit Union to Open Bluffs Branch
May 5, 2015 – Veridian Credit Union, headquartered in Waterloo, will open a branch office in Council Bluffs, a company official announced Monday.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!