REGULATING AGENCY: Iowa Division of Credit Unions
- Katie Averill, Superintendent of Credit Unions
- Jessica Pollmeier, Executive Officer-Attorney
- Website: creditunions.iowa.gov
LEAGUE: Iowa Credit Union League
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: No
STATS: (As of June 2021)
Total Number of Credit Unions: 82
- TOTAL # SCUs: 81
- TOTAL # FCUs: 1
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 99%
Total Assets: $25,880,117,528
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $25,695,258,925
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $184,858,603
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 99%
Total Members: 1,402,962
- TOTAL Members SCUs: 1,391,686
- TOTAL Members FCUs: 11,276
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS/STATE TOAL): 99%
FUN FACT: The world’s largest painted ball resides in Alexandria: The 4,000-pound baseball with a 14-foot circumference is the creation of Michael Carmichael, who began the project more than 50 years ago after dropping a ball in paint; he now adds another coat or two every year.
August 16, 2021 – Alliant Credit Union has awarded five scholarships to the following credit union members enrolled in college for the Fall Semester of 2021.
- Dubuque, IA – Evan Hingtgen; attending the University of Dubuque
- Elgin, IA – Taylor Ellis; attending Hawkeye Community College
- Watkins, IA – Grace Zaugg; attending Kirkwood Community College
- Hazel Green, WI – Kendra Sirianni; attending Loras College
- Lancaster, WI – Jaycie Crapp; attending the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse
Applicants were asked to complete a designated entry form and answer the following essay questions:
- How has the pandemic affected you?
- How do you feel the pandemic will affect your future?
- How do you think the pandemic has affected the way people think about their finances?
This year, Alliant Credit Union awarded five scholarships totaling $2,500.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Iowa.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!