REGULATING AGENCY: Iowa Division of Credit Unions
- Katie Averill, Superintendent of Credit Unions
- Jessica Pollmeier, Executive Officer-Attorney
- Website: creditunions.iowa.gov
LEAGUE: Iowa Credit Union League
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: No
STATS: (As of Q4 2021)
Total Number of Credit Unions: 81
- TOTAL # SCUs: 80
- TOTAL # FCUs: 1
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 99%
Total Assets: $27,759,256,975
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $27,575,893,197
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $183,363,778
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 99%
Total Members: 1,453,121
- TOTAL Members SCUs: 1,441,765
- TOTAL Members FCUs: 11,356
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS/STATE TOAL): 99%
FUN FACT: Iowa has the shortest and steepest railroad in the country. It has a sixty-degree incline and is only 296 feet long.
December 28, 2021 – CO-OP Financial Services celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2021 with numerous achievements that signal its continued leadership in building a modern financial services experience.
“CO-OP’s mission for the past 40 years has been to champion the growth of credit unions and their members’ financial well-being, and we are just getting started,” said Todd Clark, President/CEO of CO-OP. “In the past year we invested $50 million in our technology roadmap to ensure our clients remain competitive, strong and able to delight their members with leading-edge technology and services. Our financial strength, which has allowed us to transform into a true financial technology engine for the credit union industry, was bolstered by record-breaking payments transactions of more than 8 billion in 2021.”
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Iowa.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!