NASCUS membership is comprised of state credit union regulators, credit unions and associate members. A key benefit of NASCUS membership is access to a mutual dialogue exchange between critical stakeholders. Our members come together to identify policies that strengthen and support the state system.
NASCUS is the primary resource and voice of the 45 state governmental agencies that charter, regulate and examine the nation’s state-chartered credit unions. (Delaware, South Dakota and Wyoming have no laws permitting state-chartered credit unions.) NASCUS represents the interests of state agencies before Congress and is the state system’s liaison to federal agencies including the NCUA, CFPB and Treasury. Additionally, NASCUS represents state regulators on the Federal Financial Institution Examination Council’s (FFIEC) State Liaison Committee (SLC), which serves as a conduit between state regulators and the Council and represents state supervisory interests before the Council.
Credit Union Members
NASCUS credit union members work to enhance the state credit union charter by affiliating with NASCUS to protect state authority, promote regulatory innovation and preserve diversity in the system. NASCUS welcomes all credit unions into membership, whether state or federal. The NASCUS Credit Union Member Application can be found here.
NASCUS’ associate members are credit union system organizations which support a strong, dual chartering framework. Some of our members are CUSOs, state credit union leagues, corporate credit unions, trade associations, and other industry stakeholders. The NASCUS Associate Member Application can be found here.
Membership Benefits for Credit Unions and Associate Members
NASCUS develops membership benefits for credit unions and associate members by leveraging the state regulatory agency membership not found anywhere else. We deliver valuable content that is relevant, exclusive, and unique.
- Participation in NASCUS’s legislative and regulatory affairs agenda to advocate for a strong state credit union system that benefits the dual charter framework
- Customized member communications, like NASCUS’ comment letters and regulatory alerts
- Access to unique tools and resources that include state regulatory agency membership insights
- Access to quality conferences and educational and training opportunities at member rates
- Exclusive networking and engagement events that include a breadth of industry and regulatory stakeholders
- Receive invitations to join specially curated dialogue sessions
Want More Information?
Please email Dr. Isaida Woo, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Education to learn more about the benefits of NASCUS membership.