NASCUS is the only organization in the U.S. credit union system with both state regulator and credit union members, which makes membership benefits unique. NASCUS believes that state regulators make better, informed policy and regulatory decisions by receiving input from credit unions, credit union leagues, corporate credit unions, trade associations, and other state system supporters. The dialogue NASCUS facilitated between state regulators and the industry is candid and transparent and can lend to a mutually beneficial relationship.
NASCUS welcomes credit unions to join NASCUS to engage with state regulators and to leverage the unique resources that come with access to state regulators. We also encourage and facilitate dialogue among system stakeholders, including federal regulators like the NCUA, the CFPB, Treasury, and others.
NASCUS’ work to promote the safety and soundness of the state system indirectly benefits the dual-charter system by making it competitive for both state and federal chartered credit unions; this gives all credit unions a choice between two strong charters. So if you’re a federal credit union, we invite you to join too.
Credit union membership benefits integrate the state regulator component–from all 45 states–that is unique in the credit union industry.
- Unique tools & resources with a state regulator twist;
- Unique committees and task forces with state regulators;
- Curated and purposeful networking and strategy meetings with state regulators;
- CU Campus 365, a compliance and professional skills training program, powered by BAI learning management software. Explore CU Campus 365.
- Unique credit union industry and state regulator educational conferences; and more
Want More Information?
Please email Dr. Isaida Woo, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Education to learn more about the benefits of NASCUS membership.
Credit Union Dues Calculator