REGULATING AGENCY: Ohio Department of Commerce; Division of Financial Institutions
- Kevin Allard, Superintendent
- Rob Rutkowski, Deputy Superintendent for Credit Unions
- Website: com.ohio.gov/fiin
LEAGUE: Ohio Credit Union League
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: YES
STATS: (As of Q4 2021)
Total Number of Credit Unions: 232
- TOTAL # SCUs: 105
- TOTAL # FCUs: 127
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 45%
Total Assets: $42,154,593,967
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $30,424,168,070
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $11,730,425,897
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 72%
Total Members: 3,122,920
- TOTAL Members SCUs: 2,210,272
- TOTAL Members FCUs: 912,648
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS/STATE TOAL): 71%
FUN FACT: Seven United States presidents were born in Ohio including, Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, James A. Garfield, Benjamin Harrison, William McKinley, William H. Taft, and Warren G. Harding.
December 15, 2021 | Ohio Credit Union League Foundation
The Ohio Credit Union Foundation’s scholarship programs were established to help credit union members with higher education expenses and build a deeper understanding of the Credit Union Movement. The Student Loan Forgiveness grant achieves this by aiding recent graduates in getting off to a successful start in their aftermarket careers. This year, three Ohio credit union employees received $5,000 toward outstanding student loans.
The winners for 2021 include:
- Dakota Stillion, KEMBA Financial Credit Union
- Kelsey Joseph, Superior Credit Union
- Molly Troller, Day Air Credit Union
We encourage eligible credit union staff to apply for 2022 starting in August and don’t forget to check out the Video Scholarship kick-off in January of 2022 at www.OhioCreditUnionFoundation.org
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Ohio.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!