REGULATING AGENCY: Nevada Department of Business and Industry; Financial Institutions Division
- Sandy O’Laughlin, Commissioner
- Marilyn Young, Deputy Commissioner
- Website: fid.nv.gov
- Notices and Information
LEAGUE: Nevada Credit Union League
STATS: (As of Dec 2020)
- TOTAL # SCUs: 8
- TOTAL # FCUs: 7
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 53% of 15 NV CUs
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $5,873,358,519
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $735,165,365
- TOTAL ASSETS: $6,608,523,884
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 89%
FUN FACT: Nevada is the largest gold-producing state in the nation. It is second in the world behind South Africa.
March 26, 202 1 — This week, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV) co-hosted Nevada’s Virtual Job Fair to help get local workers back to work. The senator hosted the event with Rep. Susie Lee (D-NV), Washoe County Commissioner Alexis Hill, Clark County Commissioner Justin Jones, and leaders from local employment training and workforce connection departments and organizations.
Furloughed and unemployed Nevadans had the opportunity to meet and interview directly with more than 50 employers.
Click on the title to read the full release.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Nevada.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!