REGULATING AGENCY: Minnesota Department of Commerce; Financial Institutions Division
- Grace Arnold, Commissioner
- Max Zappia Deputy, Commissioner of Financial Institutions Division
- Aeton de Long-Hersh, Chief Examiner State Chartered Credit Unions
- Website: mn.gov/commerce/money/industry/credit-union/
LEAGUE: Minnesota Credit Union Network
- Mark D. Cummins, President/CEO
- Website: mncun.org
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: No
- Largest SCU: WINGS FINANCIAL CU $8.84B in assets
- Largest FCU: AFFINITY PLUS FCU $4.15B in assets
|Second Quarter 2023||SCUs||FCUs||Total CUs||% of SCUs/Total|
|Total Credit Unions||62||25||87||71.26%|
|Credit Union Members||1.56M||574,641||2.14M||73.11%|
|Credit Union Assets||$30.72B||$8.86B||$39.58B||77.62%|
The first practical water skis were invented in 1922 by Ralph W. Samuelson, who steam-bent 2 eight-foot-long pine boards into skies. He took his first ride behind a motorboat on a lake in Lake City.
Courtesy of Kyle Jaeger , MarijuanaMoment.net
May 5, 2023 — The Minnesota Senate has finally approved a bill to legalize marijuana that advanced through 13 committees, setting the stage for a conference with the House to resolve differences with a companion reform measure that the chamber passed on Tuesday.
The Senate passed the legislation from Sen. Lindsey Port (D) in a 34-33 vote on Friday. This comes just two days after the proposal cleared its final committee, with amendments. Read more
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Minnesota.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!