REGULATING AGENCY: Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions
- Stanley M. Dameron, Commissioner
- Christine Kirkland, Deputy Commissioner
- Website: ofi.state.la.us
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: No
STATS: (As of June 2021)
Total Number of Credit Unions: 163
- TOTAL # SCUs: 29
- TOTAL # FCUs: 134
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 18%
Total Assets: $15,127,174,945
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $1,386,367,835
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $13,740,807,110
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 9%
Total Members: 1,318,609
- TOTAL Members SCUs: 151,704
- TOTAL Members FCUs: 1,166,905
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS/STATE TOAL): 10%
FUN FACT: A last-second home-team touchdown at Louisiana State University in 1988 sent the fans into such a frenzy that the victory registered as an earthquake on a local seismograph.
Sept. 17 2021 — Pelican was fortunate that the damage to branches and the Corporate Campus by Hurricane Ida was minimal and we acted quickly to offer assistance to others. They answered the call to help our employees, members, credit union peers, and communities.
PELICAN TEAM MEMBERS
- They facilitated Quick Cash Grants from the Louisiana Credit Union Foundation. 94 Pelican employees received a total of $27,000.
- The Lake Charles & Sulphur Branches gathered supplies such as drinks, snacks, and paper goods to donate to their team members in Southeast LA.
- They are collecting donations to the Pelican Employee Relief Account to be distributed to the most severely impacted team members.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Louisiana.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!