REGULATING AGENCY: Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions
- Stanley M. Dameron, Commissioner
- Christine Kirkland, Deputy Commissioner
- Website: ofi.state.la.us
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: No
STATS: (As of Q4 2021)
Total Number of Credit Unions: 159
- TOTAL # SCUs: 28
- TOTAL # FCUs: 133
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 18%
Total Assets: $15,597,971,001
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $1,405,549,725
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $14,192,421,276
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 9%
Total Members: 1,331,545
- TOTAL Members SCUs: 150,286
- TOTAL Members FCUs: 1,181,259
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS/STATE TOAL): 11%
FUN FACT: Louisiana has the tallest state capitol building in the United States; the building is 450 feet tall with 34 floors.
December 9, 2021 — Over the past month, Ascension Credit Union partnered with Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office Christmas Crusade to help disadvantaged children in Ascension Parish have a Merry Christmas! This year, members had the opportunity to stop by to donate or place their donation online. The members alone were able to contribute $9,139.90 and Ascension CU added an additional $5,000 match, bring their donation total to $14,139.90. This contribution was ACU’s largest yet. Sheriff Bobby Webre and the Sheriff’s office will host a shopping night where a team will gather to purchase toys, games, and other Christmas gifts.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Louisiana.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!