REGULATING AGENCY: Idaho Department of Finance; Financial Institutions Bureau
- Patti Perkins, Director
- Anthony Polidori, Deputy Director
- Website: finance.idaho.gov
- News & Announcements
LEAGUE: Northwest Credit Union Association
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: YES
STATS: (As of Q4 2021)
Total Number of Credit Unions: 30
- TOTAL # SCUs: 20
- TOTAL # FCUs: 10
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 67%
Total Assets: $17,058,986,544
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $13,599,120,900
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $3,459,865,644
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 80%
Total Members: 1,089,872
- TOTAL Members SCUs: 817,199
- TOTAL Members FCUs: 272,673
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS/STATE TOAL): 75%
FUN FACT: The entire town of American Falls was moved in the 1920s when the American Falls Dam was built.
State Warns Idaho Investors of Fraudulent Cryptocurrency Schemes
Courtesy of BigCountryNewsConnection.com
The Idaho Department of Finance has issued a warning about a series of fraudulent cryptocurrency schemes seen recently targeting Idaho investors. The companies purport to provide high returns with no risks to the investor.
These fraudulent schemes are operating under theses names and websites:
- Crypto FX Direct d/b/a www.cryptofxdirect.com (CFXD)
- Shield Investors LTD d/b/a www.shieldinvestors.com (Shield)
- Quartz FX Trade d/b/a www.quartzfxtrade.com
- FinVest Trading d/b/a https://finvesttrading.com
These scams advertise operation of online cryptocurrency investment companies. However, in reality they are offering and selling fraudulent securities to Idaho investors.
These websites make outrageous, demonstrably false statements and claims such as guaranteed returns on investment as high as 65% – 80% every 24 hours. They offer profitable investments with any plan, and purport the more invested, the greater the return. Idaho investors were provided with phony credentials by the company’s investment advisor intended to support the legitimacy of the investment advisor as well as the companies they represent.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Idaho.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!