REGULATING AGENCY: State of Connecticut Department of Banking; Financial Institutions Division
- Jorge Perez, Banking Commissioner
- Danzel Palmer, Director, Financial Institutions Division
- Website: portal.ct.gov/DOB/Credit-Union-Information/Credit-Union-Information/Credit-Union-Information
LEAGUE: Credit Union League of Connecticut
- Bruce Adams, President/CEO
- Website: culct.coop
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: No
- Largest SCU: AMERICAN EAGLE FINANCIAL $2.59B in assets
- Largest FCU: CHARTER OAK FCU $1.53B in assets
|Second Quarter 2023||SCUs||FCUs||Total CUs||% of SCUs/Total|
|Total Credit Unions||27||52||79||34.18%|
|Credit Union Members||552,121||396,666||948,787||58.19%|
|Credit Union Assets||$9.44B||$5.40B||$14.83B||63.61%|
The first law regulating the speed of motor vehicles was created in this state in 1901. The first speed limit was 12 miles per hour.
Sept. 15, 2023 — One of the key changes brought about by the new regulation is an increase in the dollar limit of small loans subject to regulatory requirements. Previously, the limit stood at $15,000, but it has now been raised to $50,000, according to the guidance. In another change, to accurately reflect the total cost of credit for borrowers, the calculation of the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for small loans will now be based on the Military Lending Act (MLA), replacing the federal Truth-in-Lending Act (TILA). Read more
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Connecticut.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!