REGULATING AGENCY: State of Connecticut Department of Banking; Financial Institutions Division
- Jorge Perez, Banking Commissioner
- Mary Ellen O’Neill, Division Director
- Website: portal.ct.gov/DOB/Credit-Union-Information/Credit-Union-Information/Credit-Union-Information
LEAGUE: Credit Union League of Connecticut
STATS: (As of Dec 2020)
- TOTAL # SCUs: 28
- TOTAL # FCUs: 62
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 31% of 90 CT CUs
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $8,171,938,439
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $4,885,674,956
- TOTAL ASSETS: $13,057,613,395
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 63%
FUN FACT: Mary Kies, of South Killingly was the first woman to receive a U.S. patent. On May 15th, 1809 for a method of weaving straw with silk.
MAR 16, 2021 — Great news! The Connecticut Banking Committee will be meeting to vote on the substitute language of bills they have heard prior to their JF Deadline this Thursday, March 18th. That means they will be voting on the Foreclosure Mediation Program bill before them again this year to extend the deadline again. As you know the program began when foreclosure rates were at a high due to the financial crisis, and it was never intended to become permanent. We testified that due to Bruce’s experiences serving the state, he has a unique insight into the intent and process of the Foreclosure Mediation Program as an architect in developing the programming language in the Governor’s Office, and again after its passage in implementing the program as acting Commissioner at the CT Department of Banking.
Click on the title to read the full release.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Connecticut.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!