REGULATING AGENCY: Department of Regulatory Agencies; Division of Financial Services
- Patty Salazar, Executive Director, DORA
- Mark Valente, Commissioner of Financial Services
- Website: financialservices.colorado.gov
- Press Releases
LEAGUE: GoWest Credit Union Association
- Troy Stang, President/CEO
- Website: gowestassociation.org
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: No
STATS: (As of Q4 2021)
Total Number of Credit Unions: 76
- TOTAL # SCUs: 35
- TOTAL # FCUs: 41
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 46%
Total Assets: $2,201,796
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $31,166,876,575
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $5,985,284,494
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 84%
Total Members: 2,205,246
- TOTAL Members SCUs: 1,828,670
- TOTAL Members FCUs: 373,126
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS/STATE TOAL): 83%
FUN FACT: The 13th step leading to the entrance of the Colorado State Capitol in Denver is exactly 1 mile above sea level.
November 29, 2021 – Mountain West Credit Union Association (MWCUA) President and CEO Scott Earl is announcing his plan to retire at the end of June 2022. As President and CEO of MWCUA, Earl advocates on behalf of member credit unions, 4.2 million credit union members and $65 billion in assets throughout Arizona, Colorado, and Wyoming.
Earl has served in his current role since the formation of MWCUA in 2011 with the merger of the Arizona Credit Union League, the Credit Union Association of Colorado, and the Credit Union Association of Wyoming. At the time of the merger, Earl was serving as President and CEO of the Arizona Credit Union League, a position he held since 2007.
Spanning nearly 40 years, Earl began his credit union career in 1982 as the marketing director at the Utah Credit Union League. He spent 22 years with that organization, the last 12 years as CEO. He also had the opportunity to run the Credit Unions for Kids Program at Children’s Miracle Network and serve as vice president of league relations and disaster preparedness at the Credit Union National Association.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Colorado.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!