REGULATING AGENCY: Arizona Department of Insurance and Financial Institutions, Financial Institutions Division
- Barbara Richardson, Director
- Shane Foster, Deputy Director
- Greg Dunn, Assistant Director
- Marie Corral, Chief Financial Examiner
- Website: dfi.az.gov/industry/financial-institutions/credit-union
LEAGUE: GoWest Credit Union Association
- Troy Stang, President/CEO
- Website: gowestassociation.org
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: No
- Largest SCU: DESERT FINANCIAL CU $8.52B in assets
- Largest FCU: HUGHES FCU $1.89B in assets
|Second Quarter 2023||SCUs||FCUs||Total CUs||% of SCUs/Total|
|Total Credit Unions||16||19||35||45.71%|
|Credit Union Members||1.42M||503,167||1.93M||73.88%|
|Credit Union Assets||$23.84B||$5.91B||$29.75B||80.13%|
The state produces enough cotton each year to make two t-shirts for every American.
IN THE NEWS
Nov. 10, 2023 — AEA Federal Credit Union’s purchase of West Valley National Bank will double its brick-and-mortar presence and expand it into the Phoenix and Las Vegas markets. Yuma, Arizona-based AEA Federal Credit Union will purchase substantially all of Goodyear, Arizona-based West Valley National Bank’s assets and assume substantially all of its liabilities in an all-cash deal announced Tuesday that represents the 11th time this year a credit union has bought a bank…
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Arizona.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!