(Sept. 24, 2021) Four representatives of state-chartered credit unions are joining four representatives of federal credit unions as members of the CFPB’s Credit Union Advisory Council (CUAC), according to an updated roster of the panel released this week by the agency.
The CUAC is one of four advisory councils sponsored by the bureau (as mandated under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd-Frank) of 2010). The other three are the Consumer Advisory Board (CAB, the largest with 14 members), the Community Bank Advisory Council (CBAC, eight members), and the Academic Research Council (ARC, five members).
The groups are advisory, providing advice and input to the bureau on issues related to their interest areas; they meet at least twice a year. Members serve two-year terms.
The CUAC roster is now:
- Jose Iregui (Chair), Vice-President of Consumer Lending, Langley Federal Credit Union (Newport News, VA)
- Michael Daugherty, President, Community Plus Federal Credit Union (Rantoul, IL)
- Monica Davis, Senior Vice President Risk Management, Union Square Credit Union (Wichita Falls, TX)
- Michelle Dwyer, President/CEO, Franklin First Federal Credit Union (Greenfield, MA)
- Jeff Ivey, President/CEO, River City Federal Credit Union (San Antonio, TX)
- Jeremiah Kossen, President/CEO, Town and Country Credit Union (Minot, SD)
- Michael Levy, General Counsel, Travis Credit Union (Vacaville, CA)
- Deborah Wreden, EVP, Product & Delivery Strategy, Virginia Credit Union (Richmond, VA)