REGULATING AGENCY: Maryland Department of Labor; Office of Financial Regulation
- Tony Salazar, Commissioner
- Teresa Louro, Deputy Commissioner, Depository Supervision
- Website: dllr.state.md.us/finance
LEAGUE: MD|DC Credit Union Association
- John Bratsakis, President/CEO
- Website: mddccua.org
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: YES
- Largest SCU: STATE EMPLOYEES CU $5.33B in assets
- Largest FCU: NASA FCU $5.13B in assets
|Second Quarter 2023||SCUs||FCUs||Total CUs||% of SCUs/Total|
|Total Credit Unions||7||62||69||10.14%|
|Credit Union Members||444,152||1.65M||2.10M||21.17%|
|Credit Union Assets||$7.95B||$28.57B||$36.52B||21.77%|
The first umbrella factory in the country opened in 1928 in Baltimore. Additionally, the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Company constructed the first railroad station in Baltimore in 1830.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Maryland.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!