REGULATING AGENCY: Maryland Department of Labor; Office of Financial Regulation
- Tony Salazar, Commissioner
- Teresa Louro, Deputy Commissioner, Depository Supervision
- Website: dllr.state.md.us/finance
- Industry Advisories – Financial Regulation
LEAGUE: MD|DC Credit Union Association
PRIVATE SHARE INSURANCE: YES
STATS: (As of June 2021)
Total Number of Credit Unions: 75
- TOTAL # SCUs: 7
- TOTAL # FCUs: 68
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 9%
Total Assets: $32,518,273,417
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $7,342,132,854
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $25,176,140,563
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 23%
Total Members: 2,018,231
- TOTAL Members SCUs: 448,806
- TOTAL Members FCUs: 1,569,425
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS/STATE TOAL): 22%
FUN FACT: Maryland forests cover approximately 2.7 million acres or 43% of the state’s land surface. Oak and hickory are the dominant hardwood or deciduous forest types, making up 60% of forested areas. Loblolly pine is the most prevalent softwood and is the predominant forest wood on the Eastern Shore.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Maryland.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!