REGULATING AGENCY: Georgia Department of Banking and Finance
- Kevin Hagler, Deputy Commissioner for Supervision
- Steve Pleger, Senior Deputy Commissioner
- Website: dbf.georgia.gov/credit-unions
- Publications and Guidance
LEAGUE: League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates, Georgia Credit Union Association (GCUA)
- Patrick La Pine, Chief Executive Officer
- Jared Ross, President
- Website: lscu.coop
STATS: (As of Dec 2020)
- TOTAL # SCUs: 49
- TOTAL # FCUs: 47
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 51% of 96 GA CUs
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $25,975,086,321
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $3,666,802,856
- TOTAL ASSETS: $29,641,889,177
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 88%
FUN FACT: Ocmulgee National Monument in Macon is the largest archeological development east of the Mississippi River.
February 22, 2021 — DULUTH, GA. — Credit unions in Georgia have continued to work tirelessly to help members through the financial realities of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Georgia Credit Union Association (GCUA) – the division of the League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) representing Georgia credit unions – has surveyed credit unions in the state three times since the onslaught of the COVID-19 pandemic. The results quantify the ways in which the state’s credit unions have helped consumers through this uncertain time. With 17% of credit unions responding, GCUA’s surveys yielded impressive findings.
Click on the title to read the full release.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Georgia.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!