REGULATING AGENCY: Alaska Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development; Division of Banking and Securities
- James (“Jim”) McConnell, Director
- Tracy Reno, Chief Examiner
- Website: commerce.alaska.gov/web/dbs
LEAGUE: Alaska Credit Union League
- Dan McCue, President
- Website: alaskacreditunions.org
STATS: (As of Dec 2020)
- TOTAL # SCUs: 1
- TOTAL # FCUs: 9
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 10% of 10 AK CUs
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $1,293,913,722
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $11,330,142,835
- TOTAL ASSETS: $12,624,056,557
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $):10%
FUN FACT: 17 of the 20 highest peaks in the United States are located in Alaska.
RECENT NEWS: OP-ED from League President Dan McCue, Dodd-Frank rollback poised to remove handcuffs from small lenders
Credit unions and other small community financial institutions keep the U.S. economy humming. More than 110 million Americans are members of credit unions and over 465,000 Alaskans are credit union members. Community banks employ three-quarters of a million people and originate nearly half of all loans made to small businesses. Click on the title to read the full release.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Alaska.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!