REGULATING AGENCY: Alabama Credit Union Administration
- Greg McClellan, Administrator
- Lloyd Moore, Assistant Administrator
- Website: acua.alabama.gov
LEAGUE: League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates, Alabama Credit Union Association (ACUA)
- Patrick La Pine, Chief Executive Officer
- Jared Ross, President
- Website: lscu.coop
- Stats and Resources
STATS (As of Dec 2020)
- TOTAL # SCUs: 58
- TOTAL # FCUs: 45
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 56% of 105 AL CUs
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $16,244,020,159
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $12,577,206,511
- TOTAL ASSETS: $28,821,226,670
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 56%
FUN FACT: The Alabama Department of Archives is the oldest state-funded archival agency in the nation.
Alabama credit unions continuously provide financial aid for members during COVID-19 pandemic
February 22, 2021 — Birmingham, AL — Credit unions in Alabama have continued to work tirelessly to help members through the financial realities of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Alabama Credit Union Association (ACUA) – the division of the League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) representing Georgia credit unions – has surveyed credit unions in the state three times since the onslaught of the COVID-19 pandemic. The results quantify the ways in which the state’s credit unions have helped consumers through this uncertain time. With 24% of credit unions responding, ACUA’s surveys yielded impressive findings. Click on the title to read the full release.
STORY ARCHIVE: Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Alabama.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!