NASCUS members join CFPB Credit Union Advisory Council
Today, CFPB Director Kathy Kraninger announced the appointment of members to the Credit Union Advisory Council (CUAC). The CUAC is a discretionary council that advises and consults with the Bureau on consumer financial issues related to credit unions. Among the appointees are NASCUS members Teresa Campbell, President & CEO, San Diego County Credit Union in San Diego, CA and Brian Holst, General Counsel, Elevations Credit Union in Boulder, CO.
The other CUAC members are:
- Chair of the CUAC – Sean Cahill, President & CEO, TrueSky Credit Union (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Arlene Babwah, VP Risk Management, Coastal Federal Credit Union (Raleigh, NC)
- Rick Durante, VP, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility and Government Affairs, Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union (Chadds Ford, PA)
- Doe Gregersen, Vice President & General Counsel, Landmark Credit Union (New Berlin, WI)
- Racardo McLaughlin, VP Mortgage Originations/Operations (TwinStar Credit Union, Lacey, WA)
- Rick Schmidt, President & CEO, WestStar Credit Union (Las Vegas, NV)
Director Kraninger also appointed members of CFPB’s Consumer Advisory Board (CAB), Community Bank Advisory Council (CBAC), and Academic Research Council (ARC). Like the CUAC, these panels are comprised of experts advise who Bureau leadership on a broad range of consumer financial issues and emerging market trends.