REGULATING AGENCY: Minnesota Department of Commerce; Financial Institutions Division
- Grace Arnold, Temporary Commissioner
- Max Zappia Deputy, Commissioner of Financial Institutions Division
- Website: mn.gov/commerce/industries/financial-institutions/credit-union
- Media/News Sources
LEAGUE: Minnesota Credit Union Network
STATS: (As of Dec 2020)
- TOTAL # SCUs: 69
- TOTAL # FCUs: 30
- SCU % OF TOTAL (SCUS #/STATE TOTAL #): 70% of 99 MN CUs
- TOTAL $ SCU ASSETS: $23,592,375,621
- TOTAL $ FCU ASSETS: $7,765,247,830
- TOTAL ASSETS: $31,357,623,451
- SCU % OF TOTAL ASSETS (SCUS $/STATE TOTAL $): 75%
FUN FACT: Minneapolis is home to the oldest continuously running theater (Old Log Theater) and the largest dinner theater (Chanhassen Dinner Theater) in the country.
February 22, 2021 – Minnesota’s second-largest credit union just completed reissuing new, contactless card technology for more than 209,000 cards used by its 218,000 members. Since July, Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (Affinity Plus) has invested $1.5 million in contactless card technology to safety and security for members amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We strive to be a leader in bringing convenient, secure payment experiences to our members,” said Nic Peterson, Vice President of Payment Systems and Card Services, Affinity Plus. “Contactless card technology builds a better experience by offering a faster, more secure transaction. This has been critical during the pandemic as contactless cards allow for less contact with cashiers, payment terminals and ATMs, making it safer for our members.”
Click on the title to read the full release.
Click here to take a look at the stories that have been collected over the years in Minnesota.
What’s new in your state?
Click here to submit your state-chartered credit union news stories to NASCUS today!